Welcome to pool at the World Outgames 2013.
Make sure to register and receive updates and more information about your sport!
Hope to see you all in Antwerp!
An 8-ball and 9-ball tournament with double elimination round, best-of-7 for each game. Everyone can play at least two games per tournament!
Two competitions will be held: an 8-ball and a 9-ball competition. For each competition there’s a recreational and competitive division.
The organization claims the right to combine or cancel categories if there are too few participants or if the venue provides us with an insufficient number of pool tables!
Max. 128 participants (in total!) may enter the competitions (8-ball and 9-ball).
Best of 7 for each match.
Timespan: 2 days
An exact schedule will follow once the registrations have closed.
The rules for our competition are available via this link: rules pool woga.
The pool competition will be held at the "PoolPlanet":
Franklin Rooseveltplaats 5,
The PoolPlanet is located just near the big bus station at the Franklin Rooseveltplaats. The Central Station is only a 5min. walk away.
- Participation in both competitions (8-ball and 9-ball) is possible. However, you need to register for each competition separately on the website and pay the participation fee for each competition!
- You can compete in only one division (either recreational or competitive) and in only one category (either men or women)
- Each game is played by a best-of-7; thanks to the double-knockout system everyone can play at least two games.
- There will be no entrance fee for spectators.
- It's strongly recommended to bring your own cue and chalk. There will be cues and chalk available at the venue, but please note that these might not be in an excellent condition to play with! We are in no way responsible for the quality of the cues and/or game losses that may be caused due to bad cues!
Bronze, silver and gold medals for each division in each category.
In pool, the purpose is to sink the balls in a correct way and the right order, before your opponent does. Depending on the game played different rules apply. During the worldOutgames, 8-ball and 9-ball competitions will be played.
In case of 8-ball, you have to sink your “own” balls (these are either striped or flat balls), followed by the black “8-ball”, which always has to be sunk last. With 9-ball you just sink all the flat balls followed by the last, striped “9-ball”.
Because of the fast competition formats and ways of playing, there will be more than enough suspense and spectacle!
*All organizations mentioned are preferred partners.