Welcome to the Roll OUT tour at the World Outgames 2013!
Make sure to register and receive updates and more information about your sport!
Hope to see you all in Antwerp!
|Inline Skating Roll OUT! tour||X|
A recreational inline skate Roll OUT! tour through the inner city of Antwerp. Followed by a relaxing party with music!
No classifications, everyone starts and stays together during the whole tour.
150. If possible, this number may increase!
- No limitations, we organize a big tour that's accessible for everyone!
- There will be a possibility to hire skates at the starting point. However, you'll have to pay a deposit of 30 euros to do so! (Of course, we will fully return that deposit once you've returned your skates).
- Make sure to be on time (see schedule below) at the starting point. That way, we can ensure everyone gets his/her skates on time, so we can leave for our tour on time!
Our Roll OUT! tour is planned on Wednesday evening, 7 August, but is subject to change if we receive other advice from the police or local government. Information about the Roll OUT! tour will constantly be available in the Rainbow Village. Anyone who wishes can also participate in our Time Trial competition on Monday (see "Inline speed skating - time trial" in the Sports menu above).
- 19:00: meeting at the "Dageraadplaats", Antwerpen
- 19:10: preparing for the start (hiring skates, warming-up, practice,...)
- 20:00: start of the trip
- 21:00: end of the trip, start of the afterparty at the "Dageraadplaats".
- Wearing a helmet during the road trip is not compulsory but is, however, strongly recommended.
- Wearing extra protection (wrists, knees, elbows) is not compulsory but is strongly recommended.
- You have to bring your own protection with you, we won't provide any protection!
- Watch out with sharp objects like rings, bracelets and necklaces. You can wear them during the tour, but at your own risk (injuries, loss, other)!!
- Any type of skates or quads is allowed during the tour.
- We will provide bottles of water during the tour.
We'll meet at the Dageraadplaats, Antwerp at 19:00 h for the start of the tour.
This location is accessible by public transport. Once the travel times from the bus company for 2013 are known, this information will be communicated on our website.
Using your “shoes on wheels” and try to move as fast as possible, that’s the true purpose of inline skating. It’s a combination of balance, power & endurance and every race guarantees always suspense and adrenalin.
Prefer to take it easy, and you’d rather “walk” with you shoes on wheels? No problem, during our recreational road race through the inner city, professional and police guidance will be present. That way, everyone can finish this road race according to his/her own level of competence.
Fun and pleasure are definitely guaranteed during this Roll OUT! tour!