Welcome to cycling at the World Outgames 2013!
Make sure to register and receive updates and more information about your sport!
Hope to see you all in Antwerp!
Road race: on a closed track the cyclers ride several rounds. The first cyclist to finish is the winner of the road-race competition.
- Road Race: five tracks of 13.7 kilometres (8.49 miles) each; altogether a distance of 68.5 kilometres (42.47 miles).
- Road Race: three tracks of 13.7 kilometres (8.49 miles)each; altogether a distance of 41.1 kilometres (25.48 miles).
Categories and divisions
The age categories are 18–29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59 and 60+ years.
Each participant must possess a licence and to show this when you registering on the day of the race. Participants who don not have a licence can buy one for one day. Without a licence you cannot participate in this event.
Men and women will start separately.
The Road Race will be held during the ‘Antwerpse Havenpijl’, a road race with a 1.2 ranking by the Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI). The professional cyclists start at 13:00 hours, followed by the participants of the worldOutgames Antwerp.
This is very interesting for all the spectators and there will be a good atmosphere.
Each participant must wear an approved cycling helmet during the whole event and possess a licence. If you already have a licence, check whether it is valid at an international level. If you do not have a licence, you can purchase a day-licence at accreditation.
Only race bikes are allowed during the road race.
You can participate only if you have a licence to participate in cycling events.
- Athletes who are members of a cycling association must ask their national cycling federation for permission to participate in any of their desired cycling events at the worldOutgames Antwerp. When you register for a cycling event, it is compulsory to show your licence to the member of the Koninklijke Belgische Wielrijdersbond (KBWB).
- Athletes who are not a member of a cycling association have to indicate during their registration that they have no licence. Therefore these athletes are obliged to buy a day-licence for each cycling event for which they register. The price of one day-license is € 10.00
You can not participate without a licence! The payment and issue of the day-licence at all times on the day and at the location of the cycling event. Please, when you register for this sport, click on this button.
Timespan: 3 days
For the road race:
Sunday 4 August: men start 13.20 h
women start 13.30 h
Ceremony 16.00 h
- Road race: Nieuwdreef - 2170 Merksem (Antwerp)
- Registration address road race: Academie Merksem - Nieuwdreef 135, 2170 Merksem
Start of 'De Antwerpse Havenpijl'
The location is accessible by public transport. Once the travel times from the bus company for 2013 are known, this information will be communicated on our website.
Bronze, silver and gold medals will be awarded to the first three participants in each category. The ceremony for the Road Race will be at 15:00 hours.
Cycling is a very popular sport in the middle of Europe and certainly at Belgium. Tactics, persistence and condition are very important in this sport. Everybody can participate in the different disciplines. A great atmosphere is guaranteed!
*All organizations mentioned are preferred partner
Dear Cycling track race participant,
We have reached a critical phase in the organization of the worldOutgames 2013: the Late Registration period. Time to reflect on our sports programme.
For each sport on our programme we have worked hard to reach a critical mass for each tournament. We are aiming at both professional and recreational competitions. Although we already received over 3000 registrations so far, there seems to be a lack of interest for the cycling track race competition. We have therefore been forced to make the difficult decision to cancel this competition.
The worldOutgames team