Welcome to inline speed skating - time trial at the World Outgames 2013!
Make sure to register and receive updates and more information about your sport.
Hope to see you all in Antwerp!
|Inline Speed Skating||X|
Individual time trial (2 laps)
Team time trial (3 laps)
Last man/women out (number of laps depending on number of participants)
Men/women division with an 18-29 and a 30+ category each. More categories or divisions may be created if there are more participants.
The organization claims the right to change categories and divisions, depending on the number of participants!
- A lap on the track is 275 m.
- Classification will be made according to the time needed to finish the time trial. Accuracy to 0.01 seconds to determine your final position in the classification.
- Each team wishing to participate in the team time trial consists of a maximum of 3 people. Team registrations can also take place on the day itself, but you have to be registered individually for the time trial to do so!
- Final time recorded when 2nd skater crosses the finish line. Classification in the same way as the individual time trial.
- A mixed team time trial competition will be held if more than two mixed teams register. Registration for the mixed team competition can be done only at the venue itself, but you have to be registered individually for the time trial to do so!
- Mixed teams need to have at least one woman and one man in their team and consist of a maximum of 3 people!
- If you subscribe in advance as a team, may we ask you to wear uniform clothes so that you’re easily recognizable as one and the same team? Teams that are composed on the day itself will receive a uniform recognition from the organizers.
- During the last man/last women out competition, four rounds will be raced as a "warming-up". Then, every two rounds, the last person who crosses the finish line is eliminated. This continues until five people are left in the race.They will sprint for victory!
- You can participate only in one category (18-30 or 30+) and one division (men or women) per competition.
- Participation in each competition is possible, we will ensure there’s no overlap between the competitions (see schedule below).
Timespan: 1 day.
The time trial is scheduled for Monday 5 August. Anyone who wishes can also participate at our Roll OUT! tour through the city. For more information about this tour, see "Inline Skating - Roll OUT! tour" in the Sports menu above.
- 09:00 - 10:00: check in, introduction to the track (everyone).
- 10:00: warming up men 18 - 29.
- 10:10: start individual time trial men 18 - 29.
- 11:10: warming up women 18 - 29.
- 11:20: start individual time trial women 18 - 29.
- 12:10: warming up men 30+.
- 12:20: start individual time trial men 30+.
- 13:00: warming up women 30+.
- 13:10: start individual time trial women 30+.
- 13:50: start warming up team time trial men.
- 14:00: team time trial men.
- 14:50: start warming up team time trial women.
- 15:00: team time trial women.
- 15:40: warming up last man out.
- 15:50: start last man out; rounds to be raced will depend on the number of participants.
- 16:30: warming up last woman out.
- 16:40: start last woman out; rounds to be raced will depend on the number of participants.
- 17:20: awards ceremony.
- Participants for the time trial need to bring their own skates with them! We don't provide any skates at the time-trial venue.
- Wearing a helmet during each (time trial) race is obligatory. Without it you won’t be able to participate in any race and therefore you won’t be classified.
- Wearing extra protection (wrists, knees, elbows) is not obligatory but is strongly recommended.
- You have to bring your own protection with you, we won't provide any protection!
- Wearing necklaces, bracelets, rings and other sharps objects during the (time trial) races is prohibited.
- Eating and drinking during the (time trial) races is prohibited. However, this can be done before, between and after each race.Your own water (in plastic bottles) is allowed outside on the track, other drinks have to be purchased at the venue itself!!
- Only skates with 4 (or 5) rollers in line are allowed during the time trial, quads are prohibited.
It is absolutely forbidden to bring one's own drinks inside the cafeteria or to use drinks in glass bottles. If you get caught doing one of these things, you'll be immediately excluded from the race and your results will be deleted!
You can download the competition rules by clicking on this link: rules inline speedskating woga.
The inline skate competition will take part at the outdoor cycling track “Ter Beke”, where a challenging inline skate track is located at the inner field:
2610 Antwerp (Wilrijk).
This location is accessible by public transport. Once the travel times from the bus company for 2013 are known, this information will be communicated on our website.
Bronze, silver and gold medals for each category in each competition.
Using your “shoes on wheels” and try to move as fast as possible, that’s the true purpose of inline skating. It’s a combination of balance, power & endurance and every race guarantees suspense and adrenalin.
Prefer to take it easy, and you’d rather “walk” with you shoes on wheels? No problem!During our recreational road race through the inner city, professional and police guidance will be present. That way, everyone can finish this road race according to his own level of competence.
Fun and pleasure are definitely guaranteed during this competition.
*All organizations mentioned are preferred partners